As concepted by Chefs Olivier Desaintmarten and Olivier Dubreil at Aussie Beef & Lamb 's Chef Immersion in Philadelphia. Recipe has not been tested in our kitchens.
For the Pear Brandy Risotto:
For the rack of lamb:
For the Risotto:
1. Bring stock to simmer in large stock pot on medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup butter in large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 5-7 min. or until golden brown. Carefully add cranberries and brandy; bring to a boil and reduce liquid by half.
3. Reduce heat to medium, add cream to mushroom mixture. Simmer 7-10 min. or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
4. Add olive oil and remaining butter to large rondeau on medium heat. Add shallots; cook 2-3 min. until softened.
5. Add rice; stir to coat. Add hot stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Cook until most liquid is absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock. Cook mixture just until rice is slightly chewy. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese.
6. Season risotto to taste with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
For the Lamb:
7. Lightly brush lamb with olive oil and season with thyme, salt and pepper.
8. Cover lamb bones with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
9. Grill racks, bone side down first, on a grill preheated to MEDIUM, 2 to 4 min. until lightly browned.
10. Move racks to indirect heat; grill 15 min. or until meat is medium-rare. (120°F)
11. Remove from heat, cover and rest for 5-10 min. until meat is done. (125-130°F)
12. Slice rack into individual chops. Serve warm sprinkled with fennel dust atop warm risotto.