Lamb meatballs, feta cheese, farro, quinoa, spinach, butternut squash, pickled red onion, cucumber, greek yogurt , turmeric vinaigrette, beet chips
- 2 fl oz Turmeric Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- 1 oz organic baby spinach
- 3 oz Cooked Farro
- 2 oz Cooked Red Quinoa
- 1/2 oz Pickled Red Onions
- 1 1/2 oz Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 oz english cucumber, quartered
- 1/4" thick 3/4 oz beet chips
- 1/8 tsp S&P Mix
- 1 Tbl 5 Alarm jerk spiced yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1 oz Marinated Feta Cheese
- 4 ea Lamb Meatball (see recipe & reheating procedure)
Turmeric Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 cups Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbl honey
- 1/2 tsp S&P Mix
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 Tbl dijon mustard
- 4 fl oz pasteurized lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbl Fresh Minced Garlic, recipe
- 3 Tbl peeled shallots, minced
- 1/2 Tbl fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbl fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbl italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbl fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 12 fl oz canola oil
- 1/4 tsp S&P Mix
Lamb Meatballs Ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 2 tsp S&P Mix
- 2 Tbl 5 alarm jerk spice blend
- 1 Tbl paprika
- 2 Tbl lemon zest
- 4 Tbl Fresh Minced Garlic, recipe
- 2 Tbl evoo
- 6 oz dried apricot, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbl italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbl fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbl fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 oz panko bread crumbs
- 2 ea large cage free eggs
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
Lamb Meatballs Reheating Ingredients:
- 24 ea Lamb Meatballs Prep
- 4 cups chicken broth
- In a clean mixing bowl, evenly distribute the Turmeric Vinaigrette along the interior of the bowl.
- Add the organic baby spinach, Cooked Farro, Cooked Red Quinoa, Pickled Red Onions, Roasted Butternut Squash, quartered english cucumber and beet chips. Season with S&P Mix, then toss until all of the ingredients are evenly coated with the vinaigrette.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the 5 Alarm Yogurt (or plain yogurt) around the interior rim of the salad bowl as shown in the photo.
- Stack the salad in the center of the salad bowl, pulling the colorful ingredients to the top.
- Evenly distribute the Marinated Feta Cheese over the top of the salad.
- Place the warmed, reheated Lamb Meatballs around the salad as shown in the photo.
Turmeric Vinaigrette Instructions:
- In a clean mixing bowl, add the Lemon Vinaigrette followed by the ground turmeric, curry powder, honey and S&P Mix. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a clean food storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
Lemon Vinaigrette Instructions:
- Place dijon mustard, pasteurized lemon juice, Fresh Minced Garlic, minced peeled shallots, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, italian parsley and fresh oregano into a 1 gallon container. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and evenly combined.
- Slowly pour the canola oil into the mixture as you blend, season with S&P Mix.
- Transfer to a clean food storage container or 1/6 pans. Cover, label, date and store refrigerated.
Lamb Meatballs Instructions:
- In a chilled mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb,S&P Mix, 5 alarm jerk spice blend, paprika, lemon zest, Fresh Minced Garlic, evoo, chopped dried apricots, italian parsley, fresh mint and fresh cilantro until all items are evenly incorporated by hand, but not overworked.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs and eggs, and mix to distribute.
- Add the ricotta cheese last ensuring all ingredients are incorporated equally.
- Using a red handled #24 scoop (1.5 oz), scoop lamb mixture and place onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Roll into a ball shape.
- In a 500°F oven, cook lamb meatballs for 10- 12 minutes until caramelized and and a final internal temperature of 160°F is achieved.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a sheet pan.
- Transfer to a clean food storage container. Cover, label, date and store refrigerated.
Lamb Meatballs Reheating Instructions:
- Place ingredients into a metal half hotel pan. Stir well to evenly coat the Lamb Meatballs Prep, then cover the with plastic wrap and foil to seal tightly.
- Place the pan in a 325°F oven until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165°F, then hold for service above 140°F.